5th INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF THE APOSTLES OF DIVINE MERCY
DATE: October 2-5, 2021
PLACE: Shrine of Divine Mercy in Krakow-Łagiewniki
ORGANIZER: The “Faustinum” Association of the Apostles of Divine Mercy
THE THEME OF THE CONGRESS:
The inspiration for the theme of the Congress is the letter of the Holy Father Francis at the conclusion of the Year of Mercy, entitled Misericordia et misera, in which the Pope calls for the celebration of God’s mercy in the sacraments and in the Word of God and to show mercy in everyday life. The Pope also reminded us of the need for a personal and community experience of mercy at the service of the new evangelization:
“It is time to look to the future and to understand how best to continue, with joy, fidelity and enthusiasm, experiencing the richness of divine mercy. Our communities can remain alive and active in the work of the new evangelization in the measure that the “pastoral conversion” to which we are called will be shaped daily by the renewing force of mercy” (Misericordia et misera, 5).
NATURE OF THE CONGRESS:
- The Congress will be prayerful and formational in character.
- Participants will be invited to discover God’s mercy and celebrate it in the Eucharist, in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, in the Word of God and to witness it in their everyday life.
- To provide a venue for a personal and community experience of God’s mercy; so as to help participants (a) take part in the new evangelisation and (b) grow in their vocation of being apostles of God’s mercy.
- For apostles of Divine Mercy from different countries of the world, to have an opportunity to come together and exchange experiences to strengthen and support each other.
- Most Rev. Marek Jędraszewski – The Metropolitan Archbishop of Krakow
- M. Petra Kowalczyk OLM – Superior General of the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy
- Most Rev. Grzegorz Ryś, Metropolitan Archbishop of Łódź
- Most Rev. Rafał Markowski, Auxiliary Bishop of Warsaw
- Most Rev. Artur Wałny, Auxiliary Bishop of Tarnów
- Fr. Dr. Krzysztof Wons, SDS
- Fr. Rafał Jarosiewicz
- Sr. Miriam Janiec, OLM
- Sr. M. Eliana Chmielewska, OLM
- Sr. M. Emanuela Gemza, OLM
FORM OF THE PARTICIPATION:
- The Congress will be a hybrid event.
- Possibility to participate physically in the venue (In-Person conference) or online (virtual conference)
LANGUAGE OF THE CONGRESS:
- The main language of the Congress will be Polish
- Simultaneous translations into the following languages are planned: English, Spanish, Italian and Slovak.
(The choice of languages will depend on the number of participants from a given language)