An adult of legal age, whether a religious or lay person, who has spent one year as a Volunteer and announces the desire for fuller involvement in the goals of the Association may become a Member of the Association.
Members are obliged:
- To receive the holy sacraments regularly (if possible, monthly Confession and frequent Holy Communion).
- To keep coming to know the mystery of Divine Mercy, as most fully revealed in the crucified and risen Christ, and to become thoroughly familiar with the message of Divine Mercy handed down by Saint Faustina.
- To complete the spiritual and apostolic formation program which is obligatory in the Association.
- To proclaim the message of Divine Mercy by the witness of one’s life and words.
- To develop the attitude of complete trust in God through the fulfilment of His will in all aspects of life, depending on one’s state and profession.
- In the course of each day, to perform at least one act of mercy towards one’s neighbour by deed, word, or prayer, out of love for Jesus.
- Insofar as possible, to initiate or take part in works of mercy, especially those extended to persons in need of deep moral renewal.
- To pray and offer one’s suffering particularly for the conversion of sinners as well as for the intention of priests and religious.
- In the course of each day, to unite oneself with the Merciful Jesus in acts of love and prayer, imploring Divine Mercy for the entire world.
- To practice the forms of devotion handed down by Saint Faustina: to venerate the image of the Merciful Jesus, to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, to offer prayer at the Hour of Mercy, and to observe the Feast of Divine Mercy.
- To take an active part in the realisation of all the Association’s goals.
- To conform to the provisions of the statutes, bylaws, and resolutions of the Association.
- To be a worthy representative of the Association in one’s environment.
- To pay membership dues regularly.
The promises of the Merciful Jesus handed down by Saint Faustina:
- Souls who spread the honor of My mercy I shield through their entire lives as a tender mother her infant, and at the hour of death I will not be a Judge for them, but the Merciful Savior (Diary, 1075).
- All those souls who will glorify My mercy and spread its worship, encouraging others to trust in My mercy, will not experience terror at the hour of death. My mercy will shield them in that final battle (Diary, 1540).
- To priests who proclaim and extol My mercy, I will give wondrous power; I will anoint their words and touch the hearts of those to whom they will speak (Diary, 1521).
In addition to these spiritual goods, which the Lord has promised to all apostles of Divine Mercy, the Members of the Association have the right:
- To submit proposals and suggestions to the Association’s authorities.
- Insofar as possible, to participate in the work of the Association.
- To possess an Association membership card and badge.
- To vote for and be elected to the Association’s authorities.
In order to apply for membership, the appropriate documents must be submitted to the Faustinum secretariat. After reviewing them, the Executive Board comes to a decision and informs the person concerned.
Each year, on October 5, new members participate in the ceremonies during which they publicly express their desire to be involved more deeply in the goals of the Association and receive membership cards and a special blessing.
You can get more information about admission as a volunteer or member of the “Faustinum” Association by contacting the secretary’s office of the Association.